Today the mission team will be traveling north to Sevierville, TN, to get settled in at the ranch.
This will be our 22st trip to Wears Valley Ranch to do light construction, maintenance, and landscaping projects that have been assigned to us by the ranch staff.
Wears Valley Ranch provides Christian homes, education, and counseling to children in crisis situations. Their vision is to see each child inspired to follow Christ, healed from the past, and equipped to reach their potential. At the ranch, the kids live in houses with Christian house parents, up to 8 kids per house (there are 4 houses). They also have a fully accredited Christian school that is located on the campus near the houses. The capacity of the ranch is 16 boys and 16 girls with ages ranging from 1st through 12th grade.
The ranch is decidedly Christian and therefore accepts no government funding due to the strings that come attached with those types of funds. As a result, they are very dependent on volunteer groups such as ours to help get things done.
While the projects are important, they are really just an excuse for us to be there so that we can focus on the primary reason for our trip, which is investing in the lives of these precious kids at the ranch.
We have developed many relationships with the ranch kids over the years and we look forward to catching up with each other through social activities that we schedule while we are there. Without a doubt, hanging out with the ranch kids is always the highlight of our trip!
Here are our specific prayer requests for today:
- Travel mercies for all our participants
- Physical healing for Carson Hawley, one of our trip participants, who contracted pneumonia and had to cancel at the last minute.
- Pray that each of our participants will be both blessed and a blessing during the weekend – pray for them by name as you feel led
- Pray for the ranch kids and team members that will be giving testimonies over the weekend (we’ll provide specific names later)
- Pray that our team will let the world around them fade away as we immerse ourselves in ministry over the weekend
- Pray that if there are any participants in our group who are not believers to see the light of Christ during the weekend. We have had 3 people from our team on past trips that were saved in conjunction with their experience at the ranch during our trip.
- Pray that Satan will be bound during the weekend and will not unleash any spiritual warfare
- Pray that the ranch kids, house parents, and kids will be encouraged by our presence
We appreciate all of your prayers and support: check back tomorrow morning for an update on our busy Saturday plans.