One of our teams has been in Ukraine since June 21st and as they wrap up their last few days there, we wanted to give you an update on what they've been doing there.
In 1996, we started partnering with Volynski Bible Institute and have seen awesome growth among the churches in the Volynski region. Our team went over there to teach and lead both men's and women's conferences at some of the local churches and to also take part in some intentional discipleship.
From all accounts its been an amazing trip, here is what trip leader John Herzer had to say about there experience so far,
"Our hearts are full with more praise than we can begin to share with you but here are a select few praises to date:
- The receptivity that we experienced at Immanuel Baptist was so sweet and touching in the love and affection they showed us.
- The visit we made to a church plant community by Immanuel was an experience none of us will ever forget as we saw the importance of our relationship with Christ and with each other.
- Tuesday we went to three different villages to visit women and men that would never have been able to come to us. Their appreciation was overwhelming to us.
- In one day we shared Jesus with 215 women (over twice the number of women that attended camps annually in past years.
- In one day we shared with 85 men what it means to be a man seeking after God (last year we began a men's seminar in Lutsk where 50 men were in attendance).
- Several small groups will begin as a result of yesterday's responses after leaders are trained at VBI in Lutsk."
Be in prayer for this team over there last couple ministry days and as they travel back home.